No Shave No More
November 30, 2016 by
Leave A Comment
For many men, growing a beard does not, in fact, usher in a paradigm shift in how they see and interact with the world at large, particularly with love prospects.
A large chunk of no-shavers find the side effects of having a beard hard to bear. Random hairs finding their way into your mouth, the periodic odd smell left from your lunch, or the realization that your DNA’s map for growing a full, healthy beard is one that leads to nowhere — all minor burdens that make it that much easier when you decide to shave it all off.
So for those of you ready to tell your beard goodbye, here are some tips to help hasten the process and protect your face while you’re at it:
- Tool up: This is no ordinary morning shave, so you shouldn’t prepare the same way. Things you absolutely need: beard trimmer or shears; exfoliating face wash; lubricating shave cream; a fresh blade if you’re using a safety razor, a new cartridge for standard razors; post shave gel for guys prone to razor burn and irritation; and lastly, a great moisturizer.
- Cleanse and exfoliate: This should be a regular part of your regimen, but we can’t stress it enough here. Get a solid cleanser like our Deep Dive® Glycolic Facial Cleanser or Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser — both of which are suitable for all skin types.
- Trim first: Use a beard trimmer (or shears if that’s what you have) to beat that beard back and ease the strain on your razor. The less clogged your razor is, the less likely it’ll cause irritation.
- Oil up: After cleansing, use a small amount of Beard Oil to help soften the whiskers and prep for your shave.
- Take your time: This is not a race to the finish. Take your time to ensure you can minimize redness and irritation. Be diligent about washing buildup away from the blade(s) on your razor.
- Moisturize and protect: Shaving can deplete your skin’s much-needed moisture, so to help restore that balance — and to protect your face from the elements — slap on some of our Double-Duty Facial Moisturizer SPF 20. And be generous with it.