Grow a better beard faster
October 31, 2016 by
Leave A Comment
It’s getting close to beard season, and we’re here to help you prepare. While we can offer some knowledge to help promote beard growth and practice proper grooming once you get there, we should make one thing clear: we are not magicians. We can’t do anything about that unbridgeable gulf between your sideburns and your goatee.
What we can do is give you some tips to help you grow a fuller beard faster. Already feel like your beard qualifies you for bragging rights? Check out our post on beard care and grooming. For you beginners out there, here’s some advice to get your beard growing in no time:
- CLEANSE AND EXFOLIATE: Create the best environment for your beard to flourish by using an exfoliating cleanser like our Face Buff Energizing Scrub to remove the pore-clogging dirt and oily buildup that can stunt hair growth. Once your beard begins to fill in, wash it with our Beard Wash, which cleanses and conditions your facial hair and moisturizes the skin underneath.
- EXERCISE: Other than being just a solid idea in general, regular exercise is shown to promote higher levels of testosterone, which can help foster hair growth. Exercise also improves circulation, improving the delivery of proteins and vitamins that help hair grow.
- DIET: Shoot for a diet rich in protein and fats—think meats, beans, fish, eggs, etc.—and avoid sugars, which can weaken hair follicles.
- REST: Not getting enough sleep absolutely wrecks your body, but the side effect that's most detrimental to growing a healthy beard is the lowered testosterone levels. Getting between 7-8 hours of sleep a night can also help reduce stress, which is known to disrupt hair’s normal growth cycle.
- CONDITION (and reduce itchiness): One reason many guys abandon their beard commitment prematurely is their unwillingness to put up with an itchy beard. But don’t be so quick to fold. Our Beard Oil is formulated with natural oils, antioxidants, and vitamins that absorb quickly to soften brittle facial hair, moisturize dry skin beneath, and add control and healthy shine to your beard.
Keep in mind that most guys need at least four weeks of growth to achieve a beard full enough to groom on a consistent basis. This allows you to observe the natural growth pattern of the whiskers on your face as well as problem areas where growth is lighter. Once you’ve got some progress to show, follow these tips to find your natural neck line and keep that beard looking great.